The authorized liturgical rites for use in public worship in our diocese are:
- The Book of Common Prayer
- The Book of Alternative Services
- The Book of Alternative Services Supplementary Material - Eucharistic Prayers and Night Prayers - as approved at the General Synod of 1998
- The Lutheran Book of Worship
- The Eucharist of the Iona Community
- Evening Prayer from the Iona Community
- Liturgy of the Islands
Ministries are expected to follow the Revised Common Lectionary at all Sunday services. Other rites may from time to time be authorized for use by the bishop.
The bishop may, on occasion, give one-time-use permission for other forms. Combining materials taken from different liturgical forms is discouraged as it diminishes the integrity of each particular rite.