As we enter a new season of Advent this new resource from The Work of the People invites us into "the welcoming of a bigger mind." God took a risk by "showing up in the flesh. It is the risk we are all called to; the risk of embodiment." This eleven-film series featuring some of our age's theological giants: Richard Rohr, Barbara Brown Taylor, Rudy Rasmus, Parker Palmer, Malcolm Guite, Marlon Hall, Glennon Doyle Melton, includes a discussion guide.
The synod office has purchased a subcription to The Work of the People website and has downloaded the series for use by parishes of the diocese. For access to these videos contact Catherine Pate or review the discussion guide here.
SESSION TITLES AND FILMS
- Advent week 1 - Advent as Reorientation – Brian Zahnd “Learning How to Hope” video
- Advent week 1 - Advent as Wisdom – Richard Rohr “The Welcoming of a Bigger Mind” video
- Advent week 2 - Advent as Scandal – Richard Rohr “Going to The Depth of the Manger” video
- Advent week 2 - Advent as Looking – Glennon Doyle Melton – “Be Still and Look” video
- Advent week 3 - Advent as Breaking the Circle – Wm. Paul Young “Coming to Find Us” video
- Advent week 3 - Advent as Imagination - Marlon Hall “Fully Human” video
- Advent week 3 - Advent as Poetic Imagination – Malcolm Guite “A Womb for the Wounded World” video
- Advent week 4 - Advent as Subversion – Richard Rohr “Bearing the Divine Through the Ordinary” video
- Advent week 4 - Advent as Already - Rudy Rasmus “A Resurrected Christmas” video
- Christmas - Christmas as Incarnation - Parker Palmer “The Risk of Incarnation” video
- Christmas - Christmas as Embodiment – Barbara Brown Taylor “Matter Matters” video
Diocesan Vision Area of Focus: Faith in Formation