The parish of St Dunstan is looking for an upbeat, professional candidate to manage their church office and all that goes with it!
We are looking for a master multi-tasker with excellent communication skills and an upbeat attitude. Our candidate will assist the incumbent and others by handling office tasks, providing polite and professional assistance via phone, mail, and e-mail, preparing and reviewing paperwork, maintaining and updating data and being the main point of contact in the church office. To be successful in this role, a candidate will be attentive, accurate and detail oriented. Good organizational skills and the ability to prioritize are essential.
The candidate will be comfortable and competent with computers, social media and general office tasks, and excel at both verbal and written communication. They will be responsible for confidential and time sensitive material, and will rely on their experience and judgement to plan and accomplish goals. Most importantly, the individual who fills this position should have a genuine desire to meet the needs of others.
- Carry out administrative duties such as filing, typing, copying, binding, scanning etc., including developing and maintaining computer and paper filing systems.
- Produce and distribute correspondence, including weekly newsletters and service leaflets
- Welcome and assist visitors, answer and direct phone calls, e-mails and mail
- Manage events (concerts, meetings and other church events)
- Manage facilities and rentals
- Ensure operation of church equipment by overseeing repairs and servicing, managing stock levels and purchase, and maintaining inventories
- Submit and reconcile expense reports and prepare and monitor invoices
- Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports
Required Skills, Qualities and Proficiencies
- Proficient in MS Office, including Office 365, Google Suite, as well as basic website and social media management
- Experience in an office environment, with knowledge of office management skills and procedures
- Post-secondary preferred, or equivalent experience
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Discretion and judgment
Terms of Work/Service
- Part-time, approximately 15 hour/week
- Detailed work schedule to be negotiated with employer
- Salary: $19 an hour
- Three month probationary period
- Annual performance review
- Police Information Check required