UPDATED: May 2022

CRCs versus PICs

Who needs a Police Information Check (PIC)?

All employees, contractors or parishioners who receive some form of renumeration for work completed.

Who needs a Criminal Record Check (CRC)?

All volunteers.

Where to obtain a PIC:

The location of your place of residence is what dictates which police department you should visit and request a PIC. You will need to visit the website of that station and check what pieces of identification they require. Due to COVID-19, some stations have created online processes, others require you to present your ID at the station.  

Our diocese is protected by the following departments:

  1. Victoria/Esquimalt Police Department
  2. Central Saanich Police Department
  3. Saanich Police Department
  4. Oak Bay Police Department
  5. RCMP Detachments:
  • Alert Bay Campbell River  
  • Comox Valley (Courtney and Comox)
  • Gabriola Island
  • Ladysmith
  • Lake Cowichan
  • Nanaimo
  • Nootka Sound (Gold River and Tahsis)
  • North Cowichan/Duncan (Chemainus)
  • Oceanside (Parksville and Qualicum)
  • Outer Gulf Islands (Galiano, Mayne, Pender, Saturna)
  • Port Alberni
  • Port Alice
  • Port Hardy
  • Port McNeil
  • Powell River
  • Quadra Island
  • Salt Spring Island (Ganges)
  • Sayward
  • Shawnigan Lake
  • Sidney/North Saanich
  • Sooke
  • Texada Island
  • Tofino
  • Ucluelet
  • Westshore (Colwood, Langford, View Royal, Metchosin)  

Where to obtain a CRC:

All Safe Church liaisons will collect the names of the parishioners that require one and provide the administrative assistant, Anna van der Hooft, with a complete list of names and emails. The liaison will then provide a link and code for parishioners to complete the online application process for a CRC. Please do not contact the synod office directly requesting a CRC. Please make all requests through your Safe Church liaison.